TRYING TO LEARN DESIGN ON YOUR OWN? I'VE BEEN THERE.
If you've been trying to learn design on your own, you know how frustrating it can be spend hours looking for the right tutorial or waste time completing a task one way when it can be done faster and more easily.
As a self-taught designer, I've been there before. That's why I created this course – so now you can find everything I've learned in my 9 years as a designer in one spot, and learn at your own pace!
You can make a living as a designer. Imagine if...
... You could work on your own schedule
... You could make product mockups and advertising on a whim
... You could make brands beautiful and compelling
... You felt capable of taking on bigger clients
Um, heck yes! You can go from designing as a hobby to designing for a living.
In just a few steps, you'll be on your way to learning everything I know about design.
1. Register for our Design Masterclass here!
2. Access the course through your email.
3. Install Photoshop + Illustrator and follow along with the pre-recorded lesson videos.
(You can get free 30-day trials of Photoshop and Illustrator through Adobe's website. Just follow their download/installation instructions and you'll be able to get started!)
What comes with the course?
When you sign up for the Design Masterclass, you'll get:
• Over 10 hours of video content, where you can learn at your own pace
• Free access to any updates to the course
• Lifetime access to the course*
* as long as Jen Wagner Co. is up, you'll have access to the course!
Intro to Design
Lesson 1: Principles of Design
Lesson 2: Elements of Design
Lesson 3: Color Theory
Lesson 4: Type + Pairing
From creating a document to exploring your toolbar, this module is a reference library for all the major basic functions, tools, and panels I use in Photoshop.
From creating a document to exploring your toolbar, this module is a reference library for all the major basic functions and tools I use in Illustrator.
Module 1 Design Projects
- Project 1: Create a Social Media Template
- Project 2: Creating a Mood Board
- Project 3: Make a Botanical Wallpaper
- Color-Correcting Photos
- Layer Masks
- Complex Selections
- Changing or Removing Backgrounds
- Clipping Masks
- Remove Background from Watercolor Painting
- Type on a Path
- Join Paths
- Image Trace (Vectorizing Objects)
- Live Paint (Color Like A Coloring Book)
- Create Basic Patterns
Module 2 Design Projects
- Project 1: Create a Digital Collage
- Project 2: Creating a Double Exposure Effect Photo
- Project 3: Make Lines and Text Wrap Around a Person
- Project 4: Digitize Watercolor Botanicals
- Matching White Tones
- Displace Filter
- Formatting for Halftone Color Printing (CMYK Processing)
- Create interwoven patterns
Module 3 Design Projects
- Project 1: Create an Editable Phone Screen Mockup
- Project 2: Create Textures from Paint Strokes
- Project 3: Example of a Real Logo Design
Learn By Doing
Module 3 Design Projects
- Project 1: Magazine Cover
- Project 2: Mixed Media Photo
- Project 3: Feminine Wallpaper
Create a Branding Suite
- Creating a Mood Board
- Logo Design
- Color Palette
- Font Pairing
- Editing Photos to Match Branding
- Facebook + Other Social Media Banners
- Rearranging Graphics for Size
BONUS: Design as a Business
Written lessons include:
- Finding Work
- Interviewing your Client
- Contracts + Deposits
- Prepping + Delivering Files
- Customer Relationship Management
1. What if I've never used any of these programs before?
Fantastic! This Design Masterclass will take you from A-Z, so you'll be introduced to the most basic concepts before moving on to anything too advanced!
2. What if I already know how to design?
This course is definitely created to help people with design experience as well! I basically take you through all of the techniques I commonly use in my own work, so there's most definitely new information to be learned since we all do things a little differently!
3. Do you offer any refunds or guarantees?
Absolutely! You have 30 days to go through the course, learn the techniques, and start applying them in your day-to-day business. If you're not happy with what you learned, just shoot me an email and I’ll gladly give you a full refund.
4. How long do I have access to this course?
FOREVER!! As long as Jen Wagner Co. is up and running, you’ll have access to the course.
5. What format is the course content delivered in?
The course includes videos, cheat sheets, and transcriptions of each video (transcriptions coming soon)!
6. Am I going to have to spend money on software to learn all this stuff?
Not at first! Adobe offers a free 30-day trial on their software so you can learn everything without having to purchase additional software! From there, you can subscribe to each app for $9.99-$19.99 a month – cheaper than paying a designer!